Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CRM) Technical Consultant Course
This course is for the technical consultants and developers who want to get into Dynamics 365 CRM developer role. The course focuses on customizing the application using Out of the Box features (using User Interface) and using the code. It allows detailed chapters on how to develop custom code for customizing Dynamics 365 CE using plugins and custom workflow activities that every Dynamics 365 developers should be expert on.
About Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement(CRM)
Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement ( CE), popularly known as Dynamics CRM, is one of the leading CRM solutions in the market. The demand for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement( CRM) developers and functional consultants are quite higher, and it is even more with the release of the latest version of the application, Dynamics 365.
Following are the course sections which will walk you through customizing Dynamics 365.
Section 1 – Intro to customize Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
This section includes chapters that give you an introduction to customizing Dynamics 365 CRM using the UI and Out of the Box (OOB) customization features.
Chapter 1 – Intro to Customization in Dynamics 365 CRM
Chapter 2 – Understanding Solution Concept
Section 2 – Customize Dynamics 365 CRM entities
This section explains in detail how to customize Dynamics 365 CE entities. This explains in detail about Entity customization, forms and views customization, entity relationships.
Chapter 3 – Understanding the Dynamics CRM Entity Model
Chapter 4 – Customizing Dynamics CRM Entities
Chapter 5 – Customizing Entity Forms
Chapter 6 – Customizing Entity Form Components
Chapter 7 – Customizing Entity Attributes
Chapter 8 – Customizing Entity Views and Charts
Chapter 9 – Customizing Entity Relationships
Chapter 10 – Implementing Business Rules
Section 3 – Processes for Automating Business Processes
You can bring automation to your Dynamics 365 application using processes. This section is on implementing processes that is workflows, dialog, business process flows and actions.
Chapter 11 – Understanding Process in Dynamics CRM
Chapter 12 – Implementing Workflows for Automation
Chapter 13 – Dialogs for Interactive Process
Chapter 14 – Implementing Business Process Flows
Chapter 15 – Custom Entities using Actions.
Section 4 – Extending Dynamics 365 using Code
You will be exposed to different ways to extend Dynamics 365 CE using the code. Chapters in this section is a foundation is to extend the application using the code.
Chapter 16 – Intro to Extending Dynamics CRM using Code
Chapter 17 – Understanding Dynamics CRM SDK and Process
Chapter 18 – Working with Dynamics CRM Web Resources
Chapter 19 – Form Scripting Using JScript
Section 5 – Develop Plug-in and custom workflow activities
Plug-ins are event handlers developed using custom code in .NET. You will learn about Plugins in detail and how to register plugins with Dynamics 365 CE application.
Workflows are limited in their functionality but you can extend their functionality using the code. This section has topics which will teach you how to write code and extend workflows.
Chapter 20 – Plug-in Development Dynamics 365 CRM
Chapter 21 – Developing A Plug-in – Practice
Chapter 22 – Registering Plugin with Dynamics 365 CRM
Chapter 23 – Debug Plug-ins
Chapter 24 – Custom Work Flow Activities
Section 6 – Customize Ribbons, Sitemap and reports
Ribbons and sitemaps are the UI components of Dynamics 365 CE application. you will learn how to customize these areas of the application manually and using tools.
Chapter 25- Customizing CRM Ribbons
Chapter 26 – Reporting in Dynamics CRM
Once you finish the course you will be able to:
Understand Dynamics 365 CRM OOB features
Customize Dynamics 365 CRM using UI
Customize Dynamics 365 CRM entities and components
Extending Dynamics 365 functionality using Code
Implement Plug-ins and custom workflow activities
Customize Dynamics 365 ribbons and sitemap.
Detailed Course Contents:
Module 1: Customizing Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM) using Code
Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM) Entity Model
- Customization Concepts – Entity Types and Attributes
- Filtered Views
- Creating Custom Entities and Attributes
- Entity Customization
- Form Customizations
- UI Customization Capabilities
- Form Customization – Working with Tabs, Sections, Fields and Iframes
- Introduction to Application Event Programming
- Using Form and Field Events
- Mobile Forms
Relationships, Views and Advanced Views
- Types of Relationships
- Relationship Behaviors
- Creating Entity Relationships
- Entity Mapping
Customizing Views and charts
- Public, Personal and System Views
- View Customizations – Common Tasks
- Advanced Views Customizations
Working with Web Resources
Processes (Workflows & Dialogs)
- Overview of Workflow
- Creating Workflows steps through Workflow Designer
- Overview of Dialogs
- Creating Dialog Pages, Prompt and Response
- Working with Input Parameters in Dialogs
Module 2: Extending Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM)
Intro to Extending Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM)
- Introduction to Extending Dynamics Customer engagement(CRM)
- XRM Platform
- Why Custom Development is needed?
- Dynamics Customer engagement(CRM) Extensibility Architecture
- Different methods to extend Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM)
- Supported Vs un-supported customizations
- How to use SDK for custom development
Working with Web Resources
- Understanding Web Resources
- Different Types of web resources
- Create new web resources
- Use Web resources for CRM Customization
- Understand basics of client scripting for CRM
- CRM form events – Onload, OnSave, OnChange and TabStateChange.
- Understand Xrm.Page Object model.
- Understanding Event Execution Pipeline
- Developing Plugins
- Deploy and Register Plugins
- Use Plugin Registration Tool
- Develop plugins for CRM Online.
Develop Custom Workflow Activities
- Basics of customizing Workflows and Dialogs.
- Basic elements of Custom Workflow activities
- Developing and Deploying Custom Activities
- Integrate Custom activities with Workflows and Dialogs.
- Debugging Custom Workflow Activities
Customizing Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM) Ribbons
- Intro to CRM Ribbons and Ribbon Structure.
- How to Customize CRM Ribbons Manually
- Creating & Hiding Ribbon Elements
- Enabling & Disabling Ribbon Elements
- CRM Customizing using Ribbon Workbench
Customizing Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM) SiteMap
- Basics of CRM Sitemap
- Different methods to customize CRM Sitemap
- Sitemap customization manually
- Sitemap customization using Sitemap Editor
Develop Reports for Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM) – using Report Wizard and SSRS
- Basics of Reporting in Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM)
- Create Reports using Reports Wizard
- FetchXML Reports
- SSRS Based Reports
- Reporting for Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM) online
- Integrate Reports in Dynamics Customer engagement (CRM) Environment
- Lectures 26
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 15 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 6734
- Assessments Yes
Section 1 Intro to customize Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement: 2
Section 2 - Customize Dynamics 365 CRM entities: 8
Section 3 - Processes for Automating Business Processes 5
Section 4 - Extending Dynamics 365 using Code 4
Section 5 - Develop Plug-in and custom workflow activities 5
Section 6 - Customize Ribbons, Sitemap and reports 2